Woodland Mennonite Mission (Milroy, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Woodland Mennonite Mission (Mennonite Church) was opened in a small community of fourteen homes located 2 miles west of Milroy, Mifflin County, Pennsylvania, in the summer of 1940 by John L. Mast, senior bishop of the Locust Grove Conservative Mennonite Church, in the township schoolhouse. On 25 August 1951, the schoolhouse was purchased by the church and re­modeled for use as a church. In 1957 there were six members, with Ivan Yoder as pastor.


Author(s) Jacob P Yoder
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Yoder, Jacob P. "Woodland Mennonite Mission (Milroy, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Sep 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodland_Mennonite_Mission_(Milroy,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86236.

APA style

Yoder, Jacob P. (1959). Woodland Mennonite Mission (Milroy, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodland_Mennonite_Mission_(Milroy,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86236.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.