From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Canton, Kansas is a town of 775 inhabitants in 1950 (829 in 2000), midway between McPherson and Hillsboro, in the eastern part of McPherson County. Between 30 and 40 percent of the people living in its trade territory in 1950 were Mennonites, most of whom came originally from Karolswalde, Poland, and were now affiliated with the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (see Lone Tree Church). The members of the Emmanuel Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite) were of the same background. Here also is located the Spring Valley Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA).

[edit] Maps

Map:Canton (Kansas)


Author(s) Charles Diener
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Diener, Charles. "Canton (Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 2 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Canton_(Kansas,_USA)&oldid=86514.

APA style

Diener, Charles. (1953). Canton (Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Canton_(Kansas,_USA)&oldid=86514.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 509. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.