The Maryboro preaching appointment was located at the home of Jacob Good, Maryborough Township, Wellington County, Ontario. The congregation dissolved in 1903. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was German.
Several Mennonite families moved here after the middle of the 19th century. By 1872 the Mennonite Conference (MC) of Ontario supplied a minister every eight weeks; meetings were held in the home of Jacob Good. Families attending were Dan Geiger, Andrew Thaler, William Beisel, Solomon Sitler, Jacob Shantz, David Eby, Isaac Cressman, Michael Schantz, Isaac Clemmer, Menno Heckendorn, John Heckendorn, and Weavers. By 1891 communion was served annually with appointments at four-week intervals. For a time Maryboro alternated services with the Glen Allan preaching appointment. Ministerial help supplied for neighboring Wallace also served here. Cheaper land attracted the settlers, but interest declined as new congregations arose. By 1903 regularity of appointments ceased as several members returned to Waterloo County.
Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, Ont.: Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 128-129.
|Author(s)||Joseph C. Fretz|
|Date Published||January 1989|
 Cite This Article
Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Maryboro Preaching Appointment (Palmerston, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 22 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maryboro_Preaching_Appointment_(Palmerston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114452.
Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (January 1989). Maryboro Preaching Appointment (Palmerston, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maryboro_Preaching_Appointment_(Palmerston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114452.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.