South Lawrence Mennonite Church (Glen Flora, Wisconsin, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

South Lawrence Mennonite Church (MC), located 10 miles southeast of Glen Flora, Wisconsin, on state highway 73, and 12 miles east of the Sheldon Mennonite community. In May 1942 J. W. Martin and Sam Helmuth organized a Sunday school in the area and 4 years later Leroy Schrock was called in as pastor. On 9 December 1946, the group of 20 members, of whom 8 were of non-Mennonite background, was organized as a congregation in the North Central Conference. The membership in 1957 was 26, with Leroy Schrock as pastor.

On 1 September 2014 the South Lawrence congregation withdrew from the North Central Conference because of the conference's decision at that time to remain part of Mennonite Church USA.

In 2017 South Lawrence's membership was 68 with a average Sunday morning attendance of 75. The pastor was Matthew Zacharias.

Additional Information

Address: N3795 State Road 73, Glen Flora, WI 54526

Phone: 715-668-5519

Website: http://www.slmconline.com/

Denominational Affiliations:

Ordained Leaders at South Lawrence Mennonite Church

Name Years
of Service
Leroy Schrock 1946-1979
Lester Diller 1977-1981
Larry Crossgrove 1982-1997
Alvin Stoll 1998-2010
Lay leadership 2011-March 2015
Matthew Zacharias April 2015-present


Author(s) Leroy Schrock
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Schrock, Leroy. "South Lawrence Mennonite Church (Glen Flora, Wisconsin, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Lawrence_Mennonite_Church_(Glen_Flora,_Wisconsin,_USA)&oldid=148703.

APA style

Schrock, Leroy. (1959). South Lawrence Mennonite Church (Glen Flora, Wisconsin, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=South_Lawrence_Mennonite_Church_(Glen_Flora,_Wisconsin,_USA)&oldid=148703.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 587. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.