Webb School (Pickering Township, Ontario, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Webb School, in Pickering Township, Ontario County, Ontario, was an outpost of the Mennonites of York County (Mennonite Church), begun as a Sunday school in 1939. This outpost was a short-lived summer venture when World War II broke out. Altona and Markham families helped to befriend this neglected neighborhood for a few years, and then later at Coronation Gardens, several miles farther east, by Sunday school and summer Bible school for about five years. The work was closed for want of suitable housing.


Author(s) Joseph C Fretz
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. "Webb School (Pickering Township, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Jun 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Webb_School_(Pickering_Township,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78683.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. (1959). Webb School (Pickering Township, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 June 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Webb_School_(Pickering_Township,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78683.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 906. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.