From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Central Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Elida, Allen County, Ohio, was organized in December 1925 by a group excommunicated in 1924 from the Salem-Pike congregation and joined later by the Sunday-school superintendents, Ruda R. Brenneman and Menno L. Troyer, and one of the ministers, Andrew Brenneman. After the group requested and was granted by the Ohio Mennonite and Eastern A.M. Conference permission to organize a separate congregation, they purchased a vacant church building in Elida. Ordinations: M. L. Troyer, deacon 1927, minister 1940, bishop 1950; Timothy H. Brenneman, minister 1938, appointed missionary to Argentina. The membership in 1953 stood at 99, with Andrew Brenneman and Menno L. Troyer as ministers.

The congregation closed about 1974.


Author(s) John S Umble
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Umble, John S. "Central Mennonite Church (Elida, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Central_Mennonite_Church_(Elida,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113272.

APA style

Umble, John S. (1953). Central Mennonite Church (Elida, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Central_Mennonite_Church_(Elida,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113272.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 542. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.