From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Elida, Ohio, is a town (1950 pop. 550, 2005 pop. 1900) seven miles (11 km) northwest of Lima in Allen County. The first Mennonite church in the vicinity was organized in 1841. There were three Mennonite Church (MC) congregations in this area in the early 1950s, with a combined membership of approximately 450. The Central church is located in Elida, the Salem church three miles (five km) northeast of Elida, and the Pike church three miles (five km) west of Elida.


Author(s) J. B Smith
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Smith, J. B. "Elida (Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 26 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Elida_(Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113340.

APA style

Smith, J. B. (1956). Elida (Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Elida_(Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113340.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.